What’s been happening?
- JOB OPENING: Parks Facilities Supervisor (Family Camp Director) January 20, 2018
- 2018 Work Weekends & Events January 20, 2018
- Family Camp Registration January 20, 2018
- 2017 Sponsors January 20, 2018
- Board Member Meet & Greet January 20, 2018
- January Board Meeting & Election January 20, 2018
- No Gathering for Sign Ups January 4, 2018
- June Board Meeting June 14, 2017
- Our interactive GOOGLE Calendar April 10, 2017
- Jenna Speaks @ SJ Women’s Club April 7, 2017
- Outreach Media April 2, 2017
- April Board Meeting Moved. 7PM April 12 April 2, 2017
- Volunteering has many rewards March 21, 2017
- Bass Pro Outreach days March 21, 2017
- 2017 FriendRaiser March 21, 2017
Contact Us!Please address all correspondence to: FOSJFC, P.O. Box 8237, San Jose, Ca. 95125 or E-mail us at the membership address: DBSHollis@aol.com
- January 2018
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- November 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
San Jose Family Camp
The park facilities supervisor position is currently vacant and the city of San Jose is seeking to fill it.
Would you like to live at Family Camp, and get paid to do so? This *may* be a perfect job for you! Among other things, the parks facilities supervisor:
- Supervision, training and evaluation of maintenance and program staff;
- Oversight of records and report management;
- Capital and operating Budget management;
- Management of large scale projects and program development;
- Providing program goals and status through verbal, written and electronic communication;
- Management and operation of sportsfields including concessions, point-of-sale systems, and ticketing;
- Outreach, marketing, and development of strategic partnerships and sponsorships;
- Management of program scholarships;
- Grant writing and fund administration;
- Development and management of revenue generating activities; and
- Ensuring public facilities and structures are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
For the full job description, and instructions on how to apply, click here
Mini Work Flooring Weekends
- March 30 – April 1
- April 20-22
Open Work Weekends
- April 13-15
- May 18-20
- Sept 28-30
- Reservations open Jan 28
- Fish camp reservations open Jan 28
- Staff training June 2-8
- Friends and Family Weekend/Labor Day Event Aug 31 – Sept 3
- Fish Camp April 27-29
- Summer Season June 8 – Aug 5
Have you marked 28 January on your calendar yet? Why you ask? Camp registration opens of course!
Postcards were mailed 30 November 2017 with the details!! We can’t wait to see your family this summer!!
While a lot of the efforts from the Friends of Family Camp focus on volunteer hours spend improving San Jose Family Camp, we know that we would not be able to have the impact we do without the support of our sponsors.
We are exceptionally appreciative of the on going support we receive and look forward to their continued sponsorship. Please help us to show our gratitude by patronizing the following:
San Jose Family Camp
Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
San Jose Downtown Hilton
Main Street Burgers Willow Glen
Great Clips San Jose
San Francisco Ballet
California Academy of Sciences
The Little Gym San Jose (South)
Nothing Bundt Cakes San Jose Willow Glen
San Jose Sharks
Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
Children’s Creativity Museum
History San Jose
San Jose Giants
California Sports Center – Race Street
Glow Candle Lounge
Mike’s Bikes of San Jose
Crepevine Willow Glen San Jose
Peet’s Coffee Willow Glen
Bass Pro Shop San Jose
Noah’s Bagels Willow Glen
Have you been contemplating how you could become involved with the Friends of San Jose Family Camp? Perhaps you’d like more information before jumping into a board meeting. We’ve got you covered! The Friends of San Jose Family Camp are organizing a semi casual meet and greet.
- Want to know what the Friends of San Jose Family Camp actually do? Come ask!
- Want to know what is involved in a work weekend? Come ask!
- Want to know perks of volunteering with the Friends? Come ask!
- Want to know how you can join the Friends of San Jose Family Camp? Come ask!
- Want a nice evening out with savory pizza and fun people? Come say hi and meet a new friend!
This will be held the last weekend of February at Luigi’s Pizza Parlor in Campbell. More details to come as they are solidified.
2017 has ended, and the Board Members of Friends of San Jose Family Camp are working on implementing ideas to start to get 2018 off to a great start!
First, the 2018 board was unanimously elected. Congratulations! The time, effort and dedication that you have given, and have committed to for this coming year is greatly appreciated by many.
- President – Tom Bonsack
- Vice President – Garry Solmonson
- Secretary -Briana Bonsack
- Scott Solmonson
- Mike Jennings
Quite a few who have been instrumental in the ongoing success of San Jose Family Camp have announced they are no longer able to contribute at the levels they previously have. We would also like to thank them for all they so selflessly gave. We wish you well in all future endeavors, and please know you are always welcome to join us for work weekends!
Please stay tuned for updates regarding upcoming events, or if you want first hand knowledge, or to give input, join us for the next board meet! It will be held 14 February at Kelly Park. The meeting starts at 7. All members, or anyone interested in becoming a member is welcome!
The Friends are sad to announce, our most recent experience with PRNS resulted in the cancellation of our joint PRNS and Friends of San Jose Family Camp annual kick-off event, “Friend Raiser”. This year PRNS initiated a new fee structure.
The new fee structure was sprung upon everyone involved with little notice or forethought around how to continue to keep this positive event, this was a joint PRNS and Friends event, being conducted at a city of San Jose facility with no rental fee required. After much discussion the Friends decided they could not support the 2018 version of this event.
We encourage you to write your City district Council person, or the mayor to lobby for the early registration process for summer camp members for the summer of 2019. Please contact the mayor at Mayoremail@Sanjoseca.gov
We welcome you to join us at the next Friend’s board meeting January 10th at 7 p.m. at the Lenninger center at Kelly Park on Senter road, San Jose. We will be voting on the reelection of board members. You too may wish to apply as a board member. All are welcome.
Friends of San Jose Family Camp
The June, July, and August Board meetings are traditionally held at *Stanleys* Grill and Bar, the food outlet at the Ice Hockey Rink right around the corner from Kelly Park.
Upstairs, we get the private room off to the side across from the Air Hockey tables. Just ask if you can’t easily find us.
Meeting starts officially at 7- get there a little early and have a soft drink on us.
Should you wish to mesh our calendar with your own Google Calendar, our calendar is public at : firstname.lastname@example.org