What’s been happening?
- Work Parties! January 20, 2017
- Appreciation Weekend 2015 January 17, 2017
- Want more info on camp? Check out this 2015 video January 17, 2017
- NEW MAIL ADDRESS January 15, 2017
- 2017 Dates to Remember January 10, 2017
- Outreach at Bass Pro January 14th and 15th. January 10, 2017
- Donations for Friendraiser December 1, 2016
- Winter Time- Elections, Friendraiser & Wrap up December 1, 2016
- Special welcome and THANK YOU to MAR-VAL Markets July 14, 2016
- Bass Pro Outreach June 2, 2016
- Helping Us Help Camp June 2, 2016
- June Meeting Wed 8th at Shakey’s Restaurant 7PM June 2, 2016
- Early Work Weekend & the Seniors Mid Week Retreat. June 2, 2016
- The camping season is about to begin! June 2, 2016
- Your moment of Zen May 25, 2016
Contact Us!Please address all correspondence to: FOSJFC, P.O. Box 8237, San Jose, Ca. 95125 or E-mail us at the membership address: DBSHollis@aol.com
February 2017 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
San Jose Family Camp
Work Party Forman is Jose Contreras for questions, 408-502-0216.
We are signing folks for parties NOW and if you want instant updates make sure we have your current email address.
Send those to DBSHollis@aol.com for immediate inclusion on our mail lists.
Anyone who volunteers at our outreaches or work weekends is invited to our Thank You Weekend at the end of the season!
Every year we thank our volunteers with a weekend for them put on by us- the Board of Friends. We gather the gang, take over camp for a weekend of sleeping and walking and eating and reading, sharing and libations and a huge Prime Rib dinner concluding with a live band and dance.
Every year, it feels like the best night to be alive.
I just found these pics and thought everyone would like to remember a great evening and share with new friends. Every year we put on a thank you- maybe this year you could join us?
After years of generous board members using their own mail, we have sprung into the 21st Century with the bold concept of *a Post Office Box*!
Please address all Correspondence, Dues, Work Party Forms and Inquiries to :FOSJFC, P.O. Box 8237, San Jose, Ca. 95125
The 2017 Camper Season is upon us!
Our Manager is already up at camp regularly, but for the rest of us it’s time to clean up your calendar and set up some weekends!
- Jan. 14-15 Bass Pro Outreach
- Jan. 28th Friendraiser Night-Early Reg. Codes!
- April 7th,8th,9th Work Weekend
- April TBA Shoreline Training for Fundraisers
- April 28th,29th,30th Fish Camp Weekend
- May 5th,6th,7th Work Weekend
- May 17th,18th,19th Seniors Midweek
- May 19th,20th,21th Work Weekend
- June 9th – Aug 6th Regular Camping Season
- Sept 6th,7th,8th Seniors Midweek
- Sept. 29th,30th,31th Work Weekend
- TBA Appreciation Weekend.
We had an outreach last fall at the Bass Pro, and are seeking help with the January 14th/15th outreach. Please let Tom or Deb know if you would like to volunteer with us for the Friends.
We thrive on our Friends help- and this year’s Friendraiser is no exception. Please take a moment and read our donation letter, copy and fill out our donation form, and help us out?
December meeting is coming, and that brings the annual elections. We have 2 openings on the Board of Directors and a full slate of folks running. To vote you must be a dues paid member as of Dec 14th before the meeting begins and be there in person to cast a vote.
Meetings are held 2nd Wednesdays of every month at the Kelly Park Administration Building called Leininger Center. 7Pm.
January is the yearly Friendraiser- and here is the new info!
Here is the link for tickets on Eventbrite: